DHU has been appointed to accept international students with Confucius Institute Scholarships.
1. Category and Eligibility
Applicant who is non-Chinese citizen, in good health and aged between 16 and 35 is eligible to apply. Applicant should have no record of bad behavior.
(1) Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
Students will be enrolled in General Chinese Program A of 2017 autumn intake. This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. International students who are now studying in China from Jan. 1st, 2017 are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level).
(2) Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
Students will be enrolled in General Chinese Program A of 2017 autumn intake or 2018 spring intake. This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China. Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and have HSKK score report.
(3) ‘Chinese Language + Home Stay/Home Visit’ Four-Week Study Program
Students will be enrolled in July of 2017 or January of 2018, and study for four weeks. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students (10-15 students per institute). Applicant should have HSK score report and no prior experience of studying in China.
2. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
(1) Full scholarship: full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (CNY 2500/month, only for one-semester and one-academic-year students) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
(2) Partial scholarship: coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
3. Application & Admission
(1) Applicant should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Application Form online, and upload the scanned supporting documents. The host institutes will review and then submit the pre-admission list to Hanban. Hanban will make the final decision on the basis of competitive selection. After that, the host institutes will confirm with the successful applicants and post admission documents to each admitted applicant. The scholarship winners can only be awarded scholarship by registering at the host institutes on the designated registration day set by the institutes.
(2) Application deadlines are as follows:
*Autumn intake (one-semester students and one-academic-year students): Jun. 15th
*Spring intake (one-semester students): Dec.15th
*‘Chinese Language + Home Stay/Home Visit’ Four-Week Study Program:
Summer Session: May 15th
Winter Session: Nov. 15th