Guide to living outside campus
1. Students who want to rent an apartment have to be via regular estate agencies and sign a renting contract with the owner. Students should read through the items of the contract to avoid contractual disputes.
2. Close the windows, turn off electric switches, water taps and gas taps, lock the room door whenever you leave your apartment. Keep an eye on your personal property. Pay attention to your own safety and security. We strongly suggest students get in touch with the neighborhood committee in the community or ICES soon after they have moved into a new address so as to better secure the safety and security for off-campus residence.
3. International students should bring his/her passport, renting contract, property ownership certificate and a form issued by ICES of DHU to the local police station applying the Registration Form of Temporary Residence within 24 hours after having moved into the lodging place.
4. If a student has changed his/her address, he/she has to inform the school of the change in time, and then go to the police station to renew his/her registration form of temporary residence within 24 hours; otherwise, one will be punished by the police force.
5. Please bear in mind the following commonly used phone numbers:
Police 110 First-Aid 120 Fire 119 Office of ICES: 62379115
ICES offers shuttle bus service (several lines) to those woh live in the foreigner gathering areas such as Longbai, Gubei, Fengdu International and Qibao Wanke. Fee of shuttle bus service is CNY 300-500 per semester.
For details, please refer to: School Bus
Real Estate Company Discounted Renging Services
ICES has signed agreement with three real estate companies, who can provide off-campus rental services for international students of DHU. International students can enjoy the discounted renting services as follows.
1. Please contact the following companies directly if you need to rent apartment off-campus.
Website & E-mail
No.1310 Dingxi Rd.
275 Anshun Rd.,
Agency fee of 20%
of the monthly rent
2.Reference rent of surrounding area of Donghua University:
1 Bedroom, 1 sitting room, 1 bathroom
2 Bedrooms, 1 sitting room, 1 bathroom
3 Bedrooms, 1 sitting room, 1 bathroom